Diet Techniques

Diet Techniques
@delicatenutrition
Dieting is hard work; it requires patience and commitment. It takes time to diet down to an ideal weight but there are some techniques to help speed up the process or improve your diet functionality. Using different methods to stay within your diet is good if you're having troubles staying on track. In the video below, I discuss about My Dieting Techniques and how to go about them.




Tips:
  1. Use Suppressants (Coffee is a good one)
  2. Fasting
  3. Drink water before meals and after. (filler) 
  4. Eat more veggies (filler) 
  5. IIFYM (if it fit your macros) 
  6. Cravings/Sweet tooth? Eat fruits/Supplements (good alt)
  7. Use Supplements
  8. Track Your Macros - Use Myfitnesspal APP to track meals, know nutrition and macros. 
When it comes to dieting, it's about balance in my opinion. Balancing your macros is ideal to losing fat and/or gaining fat. Macros such as: Fats, Carbs and Protein. I'd recommend adjusting your Fats and Carbs.
I use "MyfitnessPal" App. It's an global app (Android, Ios, PC) that helps you with your nutrition; tracking calories, macros, and food value information. Myfitnesspal is a great app if you're wanting to track your progress.

Fasting:
Fasting is one of the best methods I've used for fat loss/weight loss. To perform fasting, you need to not consume anything within ~12+hour window. Drink water throughout your fast. If you want to challenge yourself, try cardio while fasted - a great way to increase fat loss/weight loss.

Suppressants:
During my fast, I like to take suppressants (appetite suppressants) to suppress my appetite. This'll allow me to continue with my fast, not thinking about food and feeling fine during the session. Normally when fasting, you may feel really hungry, that's normal but at times, I get frustrated and end up eating. The suppressant will stop that and allow me to remain focus on my goal.
Coffee is a good example of an appetite suppressant. Black coffee preferably. Do not go overboard with sugar and creamer!

Fillers:
Fillers are a ideal way to fill yourself up if needed too. Its only ideal when you cannot go past your quota or you still want to eat more food but not wanting all those extra calories. Vegetables are perfect source of fiber and nutrients. I recommend eating vegetables with all meals to fulfill yourself with food rather than eating small portion meals and thinking about food ~30 minutes later. Water is also a filler - drink water before and after every meal.

Sweet-tooths:
If you're craving a sweet-tooth, I recommend going to fruit - eating fruit has natural sugars opposed to those bakery items. Fruit is healthy and a lot of people don't take fruit serious. It has a lot of good nutrients which the body needs and it's a good alternative to sweets, reduced sugars, real sugar and it's healthier overall.  Don't eat too much though, too much of fruit is bad.

IIFYM:
If it fits your Macros. IIFYM is tracking your macros, eating whatever you'd like but stopping when you need to stop; when the quota has been met. As I mentioned earlier in this article, I would use Myfitnesspal to track your calories/macros for IIFYM.

Supplements:
Supplementation is great for dieting; you can limit your Macros and help fight fat off, it's a great way to consume protein, fats and carbs and other useful nutrients. There are tons of supplement products on the market - find what's good for you and see if it works!

Keto Diet:
The "Keto" Diet is one of the most used and effective weight loss (fat-loss) diet methods. It's a low carb diet. People that have limited carb intake will drop fat dramatically. If you're interested, check out my Keto Article!


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post